I’ve lived in Scotland all my life (40 years and a bit!). My first memories of travelling around Scotland date back to the early 1970’s and the backseat of a Datsun Bluebird estate. In those days I was too small to see much out of the car windows, and my sisters usually had the window seats, but the memories of those holidays have given me many ideas for the tours that you’ll find on this website. Since those childhood holidays I’ve learnt a lot more about my home country through many years of working on conservation projects in remote and beautiful places. I’ve also found some great little pubs that feature in the tours, and marvellous twisting roads that tourists seldom find.
AGE: 45 (and in a mid-life crisis!)
NATIONALITY: Scottish and proud of it!!!
FAVOURITE THINGS: Lancia cars, French saucisson, Ardbeg, Bruichladdich or Clynelish malt whisky, log fires and good sunsets combined with all of the above items.
HAPPIEST MOMENT IN 2006: Scotland beating France at football.
HAPPIEST MOMENT IN 2007: Scotland beating France at football...Again!!!
HAPPIEST MOMENT IN 2008: Two days after our wedding when I could finally relax for the first time in several months.
HAPPIEST MOMENT IN 2009: Getting a 42 yr old Lancia Flavia for free and then having it pass the MoT road worthiness test first time!
HAPPIEST MOMENT IN 2010: An evening in Canada sharing a bottle of Cask strength Bowmore with my good friend Bruce who I hadn't seen for too many years.
HAPPIEST MOMENT IN 2011: Watching the Scottish Election results coming in!
HAPPIEST MOMENT IN 2012: Finally getting the chance to tour around Scotland in the Classic Lancia that has taken me 3 years to restore.
HAPPIEST MOMENT IN 2013: Finding a long lost friend in a crowd of 30,000 at the Independence March in Edinburgh.
OTHER WEBSITES THAT I THINK YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- www.lochlevenseafoodcafe.co.uk - One of our best finds! This is an excellent Seafood restaurant in a perfect scenic spot on the north shore of Loch Leven. The seafood is a fresh as it can possibly be. We love the clean stylish decor and the owners' evident passion for cooking the best of Scottish cuisine. 10/10!
- www.scotlandinaweek.com - An excellent Blog about travelling in Scotland from someone with a similar mindset as us.
- www.scotland-tour-guide.co.uk - Chauffeur driven tours of Scotland by Blue Badge Tourist Guide, Morag Dunbar.
- ScotlandByBike.com - Enjoy the freedom of touring Scotland's roads by motorbike, guided tours or bike hire available.
- Cool Cottages Scotland - A similar ethos to us in that they don't allow paid advertising and only promote Self Catering cottages that they have personally visited and can vouch for from first hand experience.