"How It Works"
The Tour guides are segmented into day-by-day sections with:
- Clear route directions that detail road numbers, signposts, turnings, distances and travel times. So finding your way is easy, you won't have to rush and you can relax without puzzling over maps.
- Recommendations for places to visit which are indicated in the order that they appear along the route. So you don’t need to look up the index of a guidebook or search maps to find what is nearby and you see the best attractions.
- Website links enabling you to view our detailed informations sheets on recommended attractions, which lets you choose with confidence the places that will interest you most.
- Alternative routes on quiet roads that let you escape the Tourist Trails so your holiday is more peaceful and you can avoid the crowd.
- Local knowledge about each stopover location so you don't get caught by tourist traps.
"Adapt The Tour As You Go"
To provide flexibility, each Tour Guide includes directions for alternative routes and detour options to places of interest. This lets you adapt the tour as you go.
Each Tour includes information on where to break your journey. So if you decide to extend the tour by resting several nights in one place you have all the local knowledge that you need to decide what to do, where to eat and where to stay.
Driving times per day vary from 2 to 5 hours. So you also have the flexibility to condense a Tour into fewer days by driving a little further on some days.
"How To Download"
Secret Scotland Tours and Accommodation Guides are produced in PDF format. To open these files you will need Adobe Reader, which you can download for free.