Find Scotland Tours that feature the Scotch Whisky Experience.
|Address:||354 Castlehill, Royal Mile, Edinburgh, EH1 2NE. 0131 220 0441|
|Opening Hours:||April to May, Open everyday from 10 am to 6 pm |
June: 10 am to 7:30 pm
July: 10 am to 8:20 pm
August: weekdays from 10 am to 5 pm, weekends from 10 am to 5:40 pm
September to March 10 am to 5 pm
Closed on Christmas Day
|Admission:||Adults 18+ £16, Concession £14, Children (6-17yrs) £8, Family (2+2) £39, (under 6's free)|
|Languages:||English Guides, Audio Guides in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Dutch|
|Accessibility:||Full Wheelchair access throughout the centre, but "whisky barrel" ride is not suitable.|
|Cafe/Restaurant:||There is a whisky tasting bar and The Amber Restaurant|
This is a good introduction for the novice to Scottish Whisky. TThe "Silver Tour" lasts for 1 hour and includes:
- A glass of whisky and a guide on how to appreciate it. You also get to keep the glass as a souvenir.
- Audio/Visual presentation on how whisky is made.
- A fantastically detailed model of Tormore distillery and a video explaining the different characteristics of the whisky regions.
- A guide to the art of whisky blending by the resident ghost.
- A slow ride in a barrel shaped wagon through scenes that depict the history of whisky
- A chance to sample a huge range of whiskies in the Bar. Sadly, you have to pay for these!!!
This is a recommended attraction and the restaurant is reasonably priced, but the well stocked whisky shop is more expensive than you will find in the supermarkets. If you like the music that they play on the video at Stage 3, it’s “North” from Paul Mounsey’s “NahooToo" CD.
PLEASE NOTE: You can book your Distillery Tours at the SWHC.